Christian Service Brigade #2047 is a boys and teens group from the Wesleyan Church of Orchard Park. Brigade #2047 has been active in Orchard Park for nearly 50 years and is comprised of several parts.
Tree Climbers(Wednesdays 7-8:30pm) is a Father/Son group for boys aged 6 - 7.
- Fathers and sons spend time in games, crafts, verse memorizing and story time.
Stockade(Wednesdays 7-8:30pm) is a group for 8 - 12 year old boys
An active group aimed at the junior age boy.
- Boys have a structured and organized meeting time of games, post time (small groups), crafts, special events and story circle.
- Stockade also takes part in many extra activities which include, overnights, game nights, camping trips, pinewood derby, reptile night, Summer Camp and others!
Battalion(Mondays 7-8:30pm) is a group for young men aged 12 - 17.
- A group whose purpose is to build leadership capabilities in today's teen.
- An organized and structured weekly meeting where teens are given leadership responsibilities.
- Games, Squad Meeting (small groups), Captain's Special and Council Ring make up the weekly meeting.
- Special activities consist of overnights, camping, canoe trips, rocket cars to name a few. In the past Battalion has also made their own wood strip canoes for our yearly canoe trips.
Christian Service Brigade #2047 is one 40+ Brigade Units in our region.Christian Service Brigade was founded in 1936 and since then has grown to have units throughout the USA and Canada as well as related organizations worlwide.
Our Tree Climbers, Stockade and Battalion are outreach ministries from the Wesleyan Church of Orchard Park. In Brigade we believe and teach basic Christian beliefs. Boys attending Brigade do not have to be attenders of this church or any other. Nearly 75% of the boys who attend our group come from outside of our church with nearly half attending local Catholic Churches, Lutheran, Presbyterian and others in Orchard Park, Hamburg and East Aurora. The Wesleyan Church of Orchard Park was founded nearly 110 years ago. Click to learn more about the Wesleyan Church of Orchard Park .
Besides the weekly meetings, CSB also offers boy's and teen's various experiences through Camps which are located in the USA and Canada. Our regional camp is Camp Hickory Hill in Varysburg, NY.